As a post script to the post on Time Life books.
I was in the local Oxfam shop in Lanark, browsing the shelves looking for Western related material, of which there is always invariably none!
Anyway, as I was standing there, a couple came in with bags obviously for donations. I didn't pay them much attention until I saw one of the store assistants starting to sort through the contents.
In one of the bags was a pile of Western Time Life books! I went straight across and sure enough, thirteen books of the series in pristine condition. The assistant was pricing them at £2 each. I said I would take the lot if she did me a deal, which she did. We shook hands on £20!
I was going through them at the weekend and there is enough material for a dozen BHW's
And of course, now I'm hooked. I've got to get the whole 27!
- What Makes A BHW So Good?
- Help Is Out There...
- Part 11 of 'The Story With No Name' (Short Story C...
- Write or Die!
- The Story So Far!
- New BHW from Jack Martin
- I Hit Pay Dirt!
- National Novel Writing Month
- Time Life Westerns
- The Louis L'Amour Official Website
- Part Ten of the Short Story Challenge
- Writers Groups
- 'Tucker' by Louis L'Amour
- Part Eight of the Short Story Challenge
- Cowboy Joke
- Part Seven of the Short Story Challenge
- Thinking of Writing a BHW Western?
- ▼ October (17)